Ka-Mar Conversations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions???

5 posters

Go down

Questions??? Empty Re: Questions???

Post by FiRocks Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks for the welcome! Okay, question moderators, how do I "stop watching a topic"? I clicked on "stop watching topic" and yet I keep getting e-mails whenever a reply is made here. Do I need to do something in my profile or something as well?
FiRocks
FiRocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:05 am

FiRocks wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Okay, question moderators, how do I "stop watching a topic"? I clicked on "stop watching topic" and yet I keep getting e-mails whenever a reply is made here. Do I need to do something in my profile or something as well?

We are still trying to get to know this site, but I think when you write a post, it gives you an option at the bottom to "notify when a reply is posted". You might want to uncheck that box before you post. I will also check into the setting to see if I can change that to be unchecked at first and you would have to check the box if you want notified. I have been getting tons of e-mails and I don't think I need all of them either Smile.

Also, welcome and feel free to post or add topics! We are here to have fun!

Admin
Admin

https://ka-mar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FiRocks Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks! I hope this works this time! Wink
FiRocks
FiRocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Admin wrote:
FiRocks wrote:Thanks for the welcome! Okay, question moderators, how do I "stop watching a topic"? I clicked on "stop watching topic" and yet I keep getting e-mails whenever a reply is made here. Do I need to do something in my profile or something as well?

We are still trying to get to know this site, but I think when you write a post, it gives you an option at the bottom to "notify when a reply is posted". You might want to uncheck that box before you post. I will also check into the setting to see if I can change that to be unchecked at first and you would have to check the box if you want notified. I have been getting tons of e-mails and I don't think I need all of them either Smile.

Also, welcome and feel free to post or add topics! We are here to have fun!

I have looked into the settings for this. If you go into your profile then click preferences. There is a whole list of settings for you to look through. The 6th one down says, "always notify me of replies" if you click no, that should take care of it for you. The only time you will have to uncheck the box is when you post in a new topic or your first post in an existing topic. I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Questions??? Empty Questions???

Post by Kacy Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Since this is such a new forum and we are all trying to get to know how everything works, I thought we could start a questions topic. If you have a question about the actual forum, we will do our best to find you an answer. You can also ask others if they are into a certain subject before you post a new topic. We'll just use this for general questions!
Kacy
Kacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia846 Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Okay I have a question, am I the only one seeing all the posts in reverse? It's really weird, the newest post will be at the top of the page and then I have to scroll down and read back up. Is it me or is everyone else like this too?

petunia846

Back to top Go down

Post by FiRocks Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:18 pm

petunia846 wrote:Okay I have a question, am I the only one seeing all the posts in reverse? It's really weird, the newest post will be at the top of the page and then I have to scroll down and read back up. Is it me or is everyone else like this too?

Nope, it's the same for me too. I can't find the "organize posts by" option, which allows you to change the view. Hmmm. . . .mods?
FiRocks
FiRocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Kacy Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 pm

FiRocks wrote:
petunia846 wrote:Okay I have a question, am I the only one seeing all the posts in reverse? It's really weird, the newest post will be at the top of the page and then I have to scroll down and read back up. Is it me or is everyone else like this too?

Nope, it's the same for me too. I can't find the "organize posts by" option, which allows you to change the view. Hmmm. . . .mods?

Well, that's my fault silent I saw this setting and thought I would try it out. Sorry guys Embarassed I can change it back if you would rather.
Kacy
Kacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia846 Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:53 am

Don't do it just for me, but I do like it this way better. Something about it makes more sense to my brain.

petunia846

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenna Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Kacy wrote:
FiRocks wrote:

Well, that's my fault silent I saw this setting and thought I would try it out. Sorry guys Embarassed I can change it back if you would rather.

The reverse thing is uncomfortable for me, fwiw.

Brenna

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I have changed the setting to have the oldest post first. Is that what everyone is seeing now?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenna Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 pm

Admin wrote:I have changed the setting to have the oldest post first. Is that what everyone is seeing now?

Yes, I noticed that. It's MUCH better for me. Thanks!

Brenna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kacy Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Brenna wrote:
Admin wrote:I have changed the setting to have the oldest post first. Is that what everyone is seeing now?

Yes, I noticed that. It's MUCH better for me. Thanks!

No problem Very Happy
Kacy
Kacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FiRocks Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Thank you so much for fixing it! YAY! This is so, so much better! Very Happy
FiRocks
FiRocks

Back to top Go down