Ka-Mar Conversations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season One

5 posters

Go down

Season One Empty Season One

Post by Kacy Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:41 pm

What did you guys think of season 1? With 2 episodes featuring Bly, it was pretty awesome Wink and I also liked the fact that season 1 had a full story arc. Who burned Michael Westen? That was the question at the beginning and I felt like we got an answer at the end.

What are your thoughts?
Kacy
Kacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Season One Empty Re: Season One

Post by tatershell Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:08 pm

I loved season one. I was sooooo disappointed when the end of season announcements said, 'Burn Notice returns next summer!' I really liked Bly sort of bad guy. I also liked how the story kinda had a direction. There were other bad guys/clients that I really liked. My favorite is probably the Pilot, although there are others I liked. I am sure I have more to say- but I am still feeling kind of wonky. Hoepfully in a couple of days, I will be a little more coherent. I can't believe I actually got through school today. Blech.

tatershell

Back to top Go down

Post by mar Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Season 1 - going way back here. But I did love Season 1. It had a really great feel. I guess I would describe it as "who knows what's going on, let's just go with it." At the same time, I felt like season 1 really had an arc that went somewhere. Also, got to meet my stalkee, Bly, and his hair poof. I love you I guess that's an appropriate emoticon. I was looking for a smoochie face. Anyway, I did really like the 2 episodes with Bly, who was a great adversary for Mikey. As far as I remember, that was the first time we got to see him really get the best of a worthy opponent. I would probably have to say season 1 was my favorite.
mar
mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia846 Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm

I want to rewatch S3, but I feel like I need the build up from S1 and 2 before I do that, so this weekend I've been watching S1.

I'd forgotten how much animosity there was between Sam and Fi at first, and how little Michael trusted Sam. I've always wanted to write a fic of whatever it was that went down between Sam and Fi and the arms deal of her's that he busted (as discussed while she's throwing a bottle at him). I wonder what went on between Sam and Micheal that they hadn't kept in touch over the years. I mean, we know they worked together a lot. Maybe just because Sam had retired? Why didn't Michael know that Sam was in Miami until Lucy told him? They should bring back Lucy for an episode or so. She was fun. It would be interesting to see her come back as a client or needing help with a client of her own and see her reaction to how much Sam, Mike, and Fi have changed and meshed as a team. Hey, Sam and Fi should try to get Lucy's help to track down Michael now. Oh, that might make a good fanfic too. Also, goodness gracious, Maddie is like a completely different person.

I have to say, maybe it's just me and my personality, but I never found Fiona to be whiny like so many people say she is. I see her speak her mind, I see her needle Michael and play with him a bit, but she's just never bothered me. Meh. I wonder if that means that I'm whiny and nobody's ever told me. Hmm...

I'm watching the commentaries along with each episode too because they are so damn fun. I would be eternally grateful if they could swing commentaries like this on the S3 dvds. Do you guys think it might be worth mentioning to that TedOnTV guy? I mean we pestered Matt, but if it came down from the network that might have more of an impact. I wonder if it's even too late now.

petunia846

Back to top Go down

Post by Karendipitee Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:36 pm

petunia846 wrote:I want to rewatch S3, but I feel like I need the build up from S1 and 2 before I do that, so this weekend I've been watching S1.
I have to say, maybe it's just me and my personality, but I never found Fiona to be whiny like so many people say she is. I see her speak her mind, I see her needle Michael and play with him a bit, but she's just never bothered me. Meh. I wonder if that means that I'm whiny and nobody's ever told me. Hmm...

I'm watching the commentaries along with each episode too because they are so damn fun. I would be eternally grateful if they could swing commentaries like this on the S3 dvds. Do you guys think it might be worth mentioning to that TedOnTV guy? I mean we pestered Matt, but if it came down from the network that might have more of an impact. I wonder if it's even too late now.

I didn't like S1 Fi, as much as I wanted to love a kickass female character. My first problem was that GA looks a lot like this truly insane woman I was working with at the time, and had a lot of the same mannerisms, so I could only see her. Luckily, she has been gone from my life since that summer, so that memory has faded. I also didn't like the way they wrote Fi at the beginning. I think they were portraying her as a teenage girl who just got dumped by her first serious boyfriend. It really didn't seem or sound like a woman in her 30s to me. I think the writing for Fi has gotten better since then.

As for the DVD commentary, I think it's wait and hope. I don't think Ted can help us there--I mean, the DVDs are by the production studio, which is Fox Television, so I don't think USA has much input. Just looked at the DVD and I don't even see USA on there. I had thought any commentary might be even more difficult this year, given that Nix has "The Good Guys" to work with too, but it sounds like he at least is committed to the commentary. Fingers crossed.

Karendipitee

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia846 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:47 pm

Karendipitee wrote:
petunia846 wrote:I want to rewatch S3, but I feel like I need the build up from S1 and 2 before I do that, so this weekend I've been watching S1.

I didn't like S1 Fi, as much as I wanted to love a kickass female character. My first problem was that GA looks a lot like this truly insane woman I was working with at the time, and had a lot of the same mannerisms, so I could only see her. Luckily, she has been gone from my life since that summer, so that memory has faded. I also didn't like the way they wrote Fi at the beginning. I think they were portraying her as a teenage girl who just got dumped by her first serious boyfriend. It really didn't seem or sound like a woman in her 30s to me. I think the writing for Fi has gotten better since then.

As for the DVD commentary, I think it's wait and hope. I don't think Ted can help us there--I mean, the DVDs are by the production studio, which is Fox Television, so I don't think USA has much input. Just looked at the DVD and I don't even see USA on there. I had thought any commentary might be even more difficult this year, given that Nix has "The Good Guys" to work with too, but it sounds like he at least is committed to the commentary. Fingers crossed.

Oh, good point about the network-studio difference. Forgot about that.

I certainly love Fi more now, but I didn't hate her like I saw so many other people did.

petunia846

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum