Ka-Mar Conversations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Three

+4
LGiaPeace
tatershell
aunt_melmel
Kacy
8 posters

Go down

Season Three Empty Season Three

Post by Kacy Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:55 pm

What are your thoughts on season 3? While I didn't hate it, I also didn't feel like this season had a cohesive story arc. We had a few episodes with Detective Paxson and a few with Diego and Strickler, then we had a couple with Gilroy and one with Simon! I guess I didn't understand what the whole season's arc was? What was the question for season 3? In a Matt Nix commentary, he said it was "What would happen to Micheal if he didn't have management's protection?" but I don't really feel like that was truly addressed the way the questions were in seasons 1 and 2.

What are your thoughts?
Kacy
Kacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Season Three Empty Re: Season Three

Post by aunt_melmel Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:30 pm

well, I guess it was three different pieces... the police would be after him. He'd need to learn to trust his friends and family more (Sam, Fi, and Maddy), and realize trying to get back "in" was a waste of time. It wasn't just one "job", like before (i.e. getting rid of Carla, or finding who was behind the Burn Notice), so it did leave a more disjointed feeling. I don't think the writers could have made it more cohesive. Question BTW... LOVE the emoticons. COOOL!! alien
aunt_melmel
aunt_melmel

Back to top Go down

Post by tatershell Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:37 pm

I am just testing out posting at this minute. I will post something more thoughtful in a bit.

tatershell

Back to top Go down

Post by LGiaPeace Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 pm

I thought certain episodes of each Season were fantastic, but I really cant pick a whole Season over another. Although I am one of the few and far between that think no episode was down right horrible just not as up to par as others.

I will say I was very surprised that the character of Gilroy was gone so quick. Yes I do love to be shocked but I still thought it ended strangely. After first viewing I really thought maybe -Chris Vance - has a conflicting schedule. ? lol. But I also thought he was much more of an interest to the viewer than the Carla character. I don't know I just thought she was a little 'one note.'

I am not understanding (yet) the character/point of Simon, but I think a more in depth explanation is to come? maybe. In regards to the Season Finale, I absolutely loved that scene in the tv store. Loved the effect of his face looking back at him from all the screens then rapidly changing into all the disasters. From art point - loved it.

PS- If you can't tell by now, I am one of those people with horrible grammar. I do apologize. I do try! Smile Embarassed
LGiaPeace
LGiaPeace

Back to top Go down

Post by tatershell Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Hmm. There were some episodes I REALLY liked in S3, and some I didn't just love. However, I still think it was better than many other shows on television. I didn't care for the Paxon storyline, but I did love the Fearless Leader ep. I thought 'Fi' was a hoot as Brianna. I also really liked Shot in the Dark. Hmm. I have had some meds and a little rambly. I better shush before I sound like a complete moron.
C

tatershell

Back to top Go down

Post by Kacy Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:47 pm

You know, I agree with both of you, LGiaPeace and Tatershell.

Gia (If you don't mind me calling you that): I have never *hated* any episode. It is still Burn Notice after all, but I didn't' like the overall story arc of season 3 as much as I enjoyed 1 & 2. That's just me, though. I am with you in the hope that will will learn/see more of Simon. I will be a little peeved if they start season 4 and we never hear his name mentioned again. Or if they just say, "Yeah, he's taken care of" and we never learn what happened to him or anything else. I guess we'll just have to wait til June to find out what happens. Crying or Very sad

Tatershell: Shot in the Dark was one of my favorites this season. There were definitely some really good ones, I was just talking about the season as a whole!

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts! Being such a new forum, we don't really have a lot of topics or members yet, but if you guys want episode threads or games, feel free to add them or let me know and I can do it. We really want this to be a fun place for all opinions. I am trying as hard as I can to learn as much about this forum so it will be organized and easy to navigate. Let me know if you have any suggestions! I am very open to new ideas Very Happy
Kacy
Kacy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia846 Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I think my only problem with season 3 was that it felt a bit disjointed. There were a LOT of episodes that I really, really liked this season. I think more than in S1 or 2, but as a whole it felt disjointed and rushed. To me it feels like Nix and the rest of the writing team are hitting their stride and they are soooo excited about the show (yay! that's good) but they almost have too many ideas going on at once and they need to flesh them out more. I'm thinking like...save something for the next four or five years guys! Ha. Don't use all your good material up now! I actually don't think there was a single bad story arc in the whole season, I just wish I'd gotten a chance to feel comfortable with one of them before jumping to the next. And I even say that to include Paxson, because she didn't even bug me that much. I'm weird. I mean, yeah the actress could have acted better, but she was up against JD and GA who just rock all the time. And she was an annoyance to Mike and Co, but that's what she was supposed to be. Of course, everyone knows I'm still in mourning for my poor Tío Diego. They could have done a lot more with him too. Strickler worked for me. I could have handled one or two more episodes with him, like earlier in the season, but obviously killing him was the right thing to do and the timing was perfect.

petunia846

Back to top Go down

Post by FiRocks Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:06 am

I totally get what you mean by "disjointed", petunia, it's almost like somewhere mid season or something they forgot about whatever the goal was with the arc of the show, meaning whatever this season was suppose to reveal or give to us a viewers. It's almost like they started juggling all these ideas and some got dropped along the way, and yet others got picked up and you weren't quite sure what they were going to do with them. It was just an odd season overall, I think, IMHO.
FiRocks
FiRocks

Back to top Go down

Post by mar Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 am

I have no problem admitting I was seriously disappointed by Season 3. There was no real season long plotline, and it was almost like a bunch of random episodes all just crammed together. Everything just happened to happen. Other than Fearless Leader, not sure there was a season 3 episdoe I would want to watch for a second time. And the accents, OMG. It was almost like they tried to get as many horrible accents in as possible!

Plus, this season was totally Bly-less which, of course, was a huge downfall. ;o)
mar
mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karendipitee Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:01 pm

I can go along with everyone saying "disjointed" for season 3--for me, I think it mostly applies to the B story throughout. I felt the A stories were pretty strong overall and got better as the season went along and I can enjoy the season for those alone. But with each successive arc, I would be slightly more confused. Yes, it sounds fine when Nix does a commentary and says "what would X be like for Michael?" but I didn't find it played out as well as he would explain. The Paxson arc I think could have been better with the original casting. Diego, yes loved Diego, but it felt like too much of a dead end, no pun intended. Similar random spirals for Strickler and Gilroy. Sure, I will go with it, but that doesn't mean I am not confused.

I reranked all the episodes again last night. S3 episodes were scattered throughout, much more so than S2, which to me had strong beginning, strong ending, and a lot of meh in between. Still, I've watched each one multiple times and will continue to watch them for every airing I can.

We have some seriously badass emoticons here. Must figure out a way to work in that albino one.

Karendipitee

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia846 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Karendipitee wrote:I can go along with everyone saying "disjointed" for season 3--for me, I think it mostly applies to the B story throughout. I felt the A stories were pretty strong overall and got better as the season went along and I can enjoy the season for those alone.
Yes! That's very true.

One of my classes was cancelled today due to a tornado drill, so I used that time to do my rankings for S3 (just within that one season). I feel like I need to do a major marathon, straight through from S1 to last week's finale before I decide how I feel about these episodes compared to episodes in the other seasons. I do have a LOT of faves from this season though.

petunia846

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down